Banking Careers in Pennsylvania and Ohio
We exist to improve the financial lives of our neighbors and their businesses. We do this through a team of employees in Pennsylvania and Ohio who are passionate about their banking careers and who never miss an opportunity to live out our mission (and have a lot of fun doing it).
Our customers experience community banking that is made possible through the diversity of our workforce. From retail banking to corporate banking positions, if you're looking for a job with a purpose, we'd love to talk.
Looking for a job opportunity with us?
We would like to introduce you to our Executive Leadership Team
We exist to improve the financial lives of our neighbors and their businesses.
Our Mission and Values
See why we exist and do what we do every day.
Banking Positions in Pennsylvania and Ohio
We are hiring in Pennsylvania and Ohio. We have numerous roles available across various categories, including:
- Retail banking
- Corporate banking
- Business operations
- Mortgage banking
- Credit administration
- Finance and accounting
- Consumer and small business lending
- Wealth management
- Legal and compliance
Browse our Current Opportunities section or use our Discover Your Potential tool to get recommendations for available jobs based on your interests and background.
Specific qualifications vary based on the position you're applying for. Generally speaking, we're looking for hard-working, enthusiastic candidates who are passionate about improving our customers' financial lives.
We believe in creating a culture of inclusion, and we embrace applicants with diverse backgrounds, capabilities, talents, life experiences and points of view.
Our Hiring Process
Once you've found a position that interests you and seems like a good fit for your qualifications, you can apply online. We'll review your application as we select candidates for a phone screening.
After the initial phone screen, you may be invited to attend an interview, usually in person. During your interview, you'll meet with a Hiring Manager and other team members to discuss your qualifications and learn more about the role and our company.
If you're selected for employment, you'll receive a verbal offer and a written offer. Note that we currently perform standard background checks.
At First Commonwealth Bank, we're proud to offer our employees a comprehensive “Total Rewards” benefits package. This package includes:
- Compensation: We provide competitive pay levels benchmarked by the communities in which our employees work and live.
- Benefits: We offer generous employee benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, paid maternity and paid paternal leave, paid community commitment hours, unlimited virtual access to counseling, physical trainers and nutritionists, flexible paid time off, 401(k) with employer contributions, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs and life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Confidence cash: We provide cash incentives to employees who seek to improve their financial journey through our banking solutions and educational resources. Thousands of employees have received cash rewards for participating in our learning modules and taking steps to manage their money better.
- Other perks: We offer our employees numerous perks, including shopping and entertainment discounts, employee recognition programs and career development opportunities.
Why Work at First Commonwealth Bank?
When you choose employment at First Commonwealth Bank, you'll have the chance to grow your career at a top community bank. We serve 21 counties throughout central and western Pennsylvania and central, northern and southern Ohio. Our operations are large enough to offer all services of a big bank while ensuring the excellent customer service experience you'd expect from your local bank.
We've helped customers achieve their financial goals with services tailored to their unique needs. Our many years of experience, stellar reputation and regulatory compliance have even earned us Preferred Lender status with the United States Small Business Administration (SBA). We've also received numerous industry recognitions, such as inclusion on Forbes World's Best Bank list in 2019, 2020 2021 and 2022.
Meet a Few of Our Teammates
We love celebrating our teammates and the careers they're building at First Commonwealth. Take a minute to read their stories and then apply with our team.
How to Apply
To apply for a position with us, start by completing an online "presence" or profile. This presence allows you to view our opportunities and check your application status. You can also click on the interactive link below.
If you are an individual with a qualified disability, you may request an accommodation to complete your presence by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From there, you can easily apply online.
First Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.