Merchant Services - Payment Processing & Online Solutions
"How's business?" It's a question with more meaning today than ever. We're here to help you take care of business and answer that question with confidence. Keeping up with day-to-day operations and providing exceptional customer experiences is crucial to your long term success - and your confidence. The easier it is to do this; the more time you have to focus on growing your business.
We’ve teamed up with Heartland® to offer you innovative payment and point of sale solutions to help you run your business better.
Heartland can help you streamline operations, increase productivity and make payments easy so customers can’t resist buying from you.
They'll talk to you about fast, secure, and simple solutions that can help your business reach its full potential.
What Is Merchant Services Payment Processing?
Merchant services is the handling of electronic payments transactions, also known as credit card payments. Many businesses opt for merchant services to make it as easy as possible for their customers to pay with debit or credit cards. Here’s how accepting a credit card payment works:
- The customer swipes or inserts their card.
- The payment terminal transmits that information to the payment processor.
- The payment processor routes the transaction through the various stages of approval and sends back an accept or decline to the merchant.
- The merchant gets their funds — usually in the next day or two depending on the funding schedule — minus interchange and fees from their merchant services provider.
All of these steps occur in just a few moments. When the billing period ends, the issuing bank bills the cardholder for their purchase, and the customer pays it via their credit card bill.
What Are the Advantages of Using Merchant Services?
Processing credit card payments requires a merchant services account to provide the services described above. When you employ merchant services for your business in Pennsylvania or Ohio, you’re giving your business a big advantage by giving customers the convenience of paying with a card instead of a check or cash. Accepting credit card transactions with a merchant services account can also open your sales up to accepting more convenient payment types like Apple Pay and Google Wallet.
Most people have credit cards, and many people want to use them for purchases in our increasingly cashless society. You can boost your business and expand your customer base when you begin processing credit card payments. Other benefits of using merchant services to accept credit card payments include:
- Decreasing bad checks: Someone can write a bad check and you won’t find out about it for days, creating hassle and frustration for your company. Credit cards, however, are verified in the moment, so you don’t have to worry about tracking someone down to pay for the goods or services after a check bounces.
- Improving money management: You can track transactions electronically, which improves bookkeeping and gives you access to updated sales figures faster. Using electronic methods can also assist with forecasting and managing cash flow.
- Increasing sales: You could see a boost in sales by letting people use their preferred method of electronic payment.
- Great convenience for customers: People appreciate being able to use their chosen payment method to cover goods or services. Pulling out a credit card is easier than fumbling for cash, and customers value businesses that put their interests first. You give your customers greater control when you roll out more payment methods.
- Better security: Impressive security measures back our merchant services to ensure your customers’ sensitive information stays protected. People who buy your goods or services will appreciate you looking out for them.
Real-Life Merchant Services Story
Accept All the Ways Your Customers Prefer to Pay
- Take payments anywhere: Online, restaurant, retail, and on the go
- Accept any major method of payment: Cash, check, credit, debit and gift cards, chip card and digital wallet
- Process payments over any compatible device: Mobile phone, tablet, laptop, terminal and point of sale system
Point of Sale - Where "Smart" Runs in the Family
The simpler, smarter point of sale and back office management to help run your business. Better checkout, reduce overtime, eliminate inventory shortages and simplify accounting.
Take payments from anywhere. Run your business from your phone so you can go where customers are, never miss a sale and capture customer trends to help run business better.
Freedom to run your business. Everything you need in an all-in-one terminal. Better checkout experience, intuitive sales tax, eliminate inventory shortages and fraud protection.
Securing Your Business and Customer's Card Data
- Heartland Secure™ combines three powerful technologies to provide the industry’s highest level of security for your business, backed by breach coverage warranty
- PCI compliant to minimize the risk of credit card fraud to provide you and your customers peace of mind.
Services at a Glance
- Fair and transparent processing: Interchange Plus pricing minimizes your payment acceptance costs to put more money in your pocket
- Protecting your rights: The only payment provider to provide a Merchant Bill of Rights promoting fair credit, debit and prepaid processing practices
- 24/7 customer support: Award-winning customer service agents based in the U.S. answer your call in less than 30 seconds on average