NACHA Rules Updates
The following is a summary of changes coming in 2021:
- Enforcement rule change defines an egregious violation within the context of rules enforcement.
- Same day ACH processing extended two additional hours each banking day.
- All originating ACH transactions containing the standard entry class code WEB additional screening requirements.
- Starting in 2021, fees will be assessed for ACH returns containing the return code R11.
- All ACH participating financial institutions are required to maintain the contact registry with NACHA.
- Supplementing Data Security requirement expands to include protecting account numbers used in origination.
- Rule regarding reversals of files or entries will specifically state what is permissible.
To request a copy or to access the NACHA rules directly, please visit the NACHA site.