Hometown Checking + Interest + Solutions
An account that pays interest and provides premium solutions.
- Competitive, tiered interest rates applied to your balance
- Qualify for relationship interest rates on a Relationship Money Market account4
- 25% Discount on expedited bill payment5
- Free overdraft protection6 available from any of your linked First Commonwealth accounts, including lines of credit
- Premium debit card benefits with the World Debit™ Mastercard® Debit Card
- $10 monthly service charge if deposits fall below $2,000 per statement cycle6
Hometown Checking + Interest
An account that pays interest.
- Competitive, tiered interest rates applied to your balance
- Free overdraft protection6 available from a linked Hometown Savings account
- $5 monthly service charge if deposits fall below $1,000 per statement cycle7
1 First Commonwealth Bank Checking Sweepstakes
NO NEW ACCOUNT, ACCOUNT BALANCE OR TRANSACTION ACTIVITY REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPENING AN ACCOUNT AND/OR MAKING A TRANSACTION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The First Commonwealth Bank Checking Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins June 14, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends July 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by First Commonwealth Bank (“Sponsor”).By entering, you agree to comply with official rules, including all eligibility requirements.
ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and Ohio who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and live in the following counties: Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Montour, Mifflin, Northumberland, Snyder, Somerset, Union, Venango, Washington, Westmoreland and York) Ohio (Ashtabula, Belmont, Carroll, Clark, Clermont, Columbiana, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Geauga, Hamilton, Jefferson, Knox, Lake, Licking, Logan, Lorain, Madison, Mahoning, Marion, Medina, Montgomery, Morrow, Muskingum, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Union and Wayne). Offer void where prohibited by law. Eight winners will be chosen from that period’s submissions. Employees of First Commonwealth Bank (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, and each of their respective spouses and those living in the same household whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Method #1 (“Automatic Entry”): To qualify for automatic entry into this Sweepstakes, open a new personal or business checking account. The account must meet First Commonwealth Bank’s standard new account eligibility and documentation requirements and must have a positive balance as of the date of the drawing. If the account has multiple owners, only the first client named in the account title will be entered into the drawing. Trust, public funds and estate accounts are not eligible for the sweepstakes. For business accounts, prize will be awarded to an authorized signer on the account. The entry date is the date on which the account opening is processed, which may not be the same as the day when an account opening application is completed. All entries submitted via Method #1 must be received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Method #2: Legibly print: "First Commonwealth Bank® Checking Sweepstakes,” your full legal name, your mailing address, your e-mail address, your county of residence, and your daytime telephone number on a 3X5 inch card and mail the card in an envelope with postage affixed to First Commonwealth Bank® Checking Sweepstakes, 110 Riverbend Ave, Powell, OH 43065. Your entry date is the date First Commonwealth Bank receives your entry at this address. All mail-in entries must be hand printed, mailed separately and bear sufficient postage. Any incomplete or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified, as well as entries not meeting the above criteria. Mailed entries must be received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. (The last drawing is on the last day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, so an entry postmarked that day has no chance of winning.)
All entries will only be eligible for the drawing on their entry date. Limit of one entry per person for Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries or for human, technical or transmission errors which may occur in the processing of automatic entries. Eight winners will be chosen from that period’s submissions.
PRIZES/ VALUES: Two winners will be chosen from Ohio resident submissions and six winners will be chosen from Pennsylvania resident submissions to receive a pair of wireless headphones. The prizes to be awarded have been purchased by First Commonwealth Bank at retail from an authorized seller. Each prize has a value that will not exceed $250.00. We reserve the right to substitute a gift of similar value.
WINNER SELECTION/ODDS OF WINNING: Two winners will be chosen from Ohio resident submissions and six winners will be chosen from Pennsylvania resident submission on Wednesday, August 4, 2021. Winners will be selected by random drawing by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor will be final. Winners will be notified by telephone or email. Winners will be required to complete and return a Form W-9 [Request for TIN and Certification] and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of date printed on notification or the corresponding prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from among all non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries divided by the number of Prizes available to be won. The prize may not be assigned or transferred.
Any attempts to circumvent eligibility requirements and claim a prize are punishable to the full extent permitted by law. If (i) Affidavit/Release or prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable, (ii) all required forms/documents are not returned or are returned partially completed, or (iii) the entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes will be awarded within 30 days after all documents have been received and verified. Prizes are not transferable. Acceptance of prize constitutes written permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner’s name, prize won and likeness for online posting and for future publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, approval or notification. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the winner’s responsibility.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating, entrants agree to: (1) the Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor which shall be final in all respects and (2) release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, judges and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, including advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries; or for applications that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Each winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize.
SPONSOR: First Commonwealth Bank, 601 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 25, 2021 to Marketing Department, First Commonwealth Bank, 110 Riverbend Ave, Powell, OH 43065
2 We don’t charge for these services but standard message, data, and internet service provider rates may apply so check with your carriers.
3 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
4 Qualify for Relationship Rates on a Relationship Money Market account when the primary or joint owner on the Relationship Money Market is also a primary or joint owner on a Hometown Checking + Interest + Solutions account.
5 Hometown Checking + Interest + Solutions will receive a 25% discount on all Expedited Bill Payments, the fee for which is $19.95 or less. Discount will be applied to account as a refund on your statement.
6 Overdraft transfer services are limited to the available balance in the linked account. Add Overdraft Protection by calling 800-711-BANK (2265) or visiting a community office near you.
7 Accounts opened after May 12, 2018
Zelle and Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.