Only spend what you have and never worry about overdraft fees.
Mastercard® debit card made from ocean-bound plastic, no paper checks and enroll in eStatements.
Add your card to your mobile wallet and pay with your phone in person or online.1
$5 monthly service charge can be waived when you use your account the way you want just five times each month.2
No minimum balance required to open.
Access more than 55,000 fee-free ATMs with the Allpoint and Freedom Alliance networks.
Ensuring equal access to safe and affordable bank accounts.
And your card to Apple PayTM, Google PayTM, FitBit PayTM and more.
Send money to people you know and trust.3
Get the Full Details about Confidence Checking
- $5 monthly service charge can be waived when you use your account the way you want just five times each month2.
- No minimum balance required to open.
- Get cash at more than 55,000 ATMs without paying fees with the Allpoint and Freedom Alliance networks.
- Meets the Bank On National Accounts Standards, created to ensure equal access to safe and affordable bank accounts.
- Enjoy fee-free check cashing as a customer at our community offices.
- Use online banking and our app to check the balance of your account, transfer money or pay bills.1
- Load your debit card into a mobile wallet (Apple PayTM, Google PayTM, Samsung PayTM, Fitbit PayTM and Garmin PayTM) to pay online or in person with your phone.
- Have a part-time job? Set up direct deposit right from your employer to get access to your paycheck faster.
- Pay your friends back with Zelle3.
- Deposit checks from Grandma or your parents using our app and the camera on your smartphone.
- Set up a savings goal in Money Manager for your first car or college degree, because it's never too soon to start saving.
- Enjoy better safeguards against possible identity theft through alerts and monitoring your credit file thanks to Mastercard®4.
- Turn your Confidence Card on and off with SecurLOCK Equip.
- Get text alerts if your account balance dips past your comfort zone.
How to Open
Building Your Financial Confidence
Financial Education Resources
1 We don’t charge for these services, but standard message, data, and internet service provider rates may apply so check with your carriers.
2. The $5 monthly service charge is waived when you complete 5 or more customer-initiated transactions during the statement cycle. Customer-initiated transactions will be counted on the date that they post and clear the account. If the transaction is conducted in one statement cycle and posts to the account in the following statement cycle, then the transaction will be counted in the statement cycle of the final posting. Bank initiated transactions such as fee assessments/refunds and promotional credits do not count towards the waiver.
3. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
4. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Cardholders need to register for this service. This service is provided by General Global Assistance, Inc. Please see your Guide to Benefits for details or call 1-800-MASTERCARD.
5 The person making the referral (Referrer) will earn a $50 Mastercard® Reward Card for each individual or business referred (Referred Person or Business) to First Commonwealth Bank, who does not already have a First Commonwealth Bank checking account, registers for the offer, opens a new First Commonwealth personal or business checking account and completes the other requirements within the time specified in the offer. To make a referral, the Referrer must register for the program, agree to these Terms and Conditions, and submit a valid email address for both the Referrer and each Referred Person or Business. A Referrer may receive up to ten (10) Reward Cards ($500 value) within a calendar year, but only one Referrer may receive a Reward Card for each Referred Person or Business who fulfills the requirements (the first Referrer that enters information for a Referred Person or Business will be the eligible Referrer). The Referred Person or Business may only receive one Reward Card for opening an account and completing the requirements, but may also be eligible as a Referrer. As the referrer, by using the ReferLive, the person you are referring may infer that you are a customer of First Commonwealth Bank.
Personal Account Qualifications: To earn a $50 Mastercard® Reward Card, the Referred Person must register by following the link provided in the referral email or on social media, agree to the Terms and Conditions, open a new First Commonwealth Bank personal checking account after receiving the email or social media offer through the official means of the program. Minimum deposit to open a Hometown Checking account is $50. There is no opening deposit required for a Confidence Checking account. You must complete at least one of the following requirements within 60 days after account opening.
- Complete one (1) direct deposit of $250 or more, OR
- Complete ten (10) qualifying debit card purchases that must post and clear the account
Qualifying direct deposits may include electronically deposited funds by an employer or an outside agency such as a paycheck, pension, or Social Security. Qualifying debit card purchases are made at point of sale using your signature or PIN, or electronically or online using your debit card number, including recurring payments. Variable-Rate Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for the Hometown Checking + Interest account varies by tier. For example, as of 1/29/2023, APY by tier is: 0.01% for $500+; 0.01% for $2,500+; 0.01% for $10,000+. Rate and APY may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. As the referred customer, by using ReferLive, the referrer may infer that you are a customer of First Commonwealth Bank.
Business Account Qualifications: To earn a $150 Masetercard® Reward Card, the Referred Business must register by following the link provided in the referral email or on social media, agree to the Terms and Conditions, open a new First Commonwealth Bank Business checking account after receiving the email or social media offer through the official means of the program. Minimum deposit to open the account is $50. You must complete the following requirements within 60 days after account opening.
- Complete a minimum of $2,000 in qualifying deposits
Qualifying deposits are new-to-First Commonwealth Bank funds including transfers from another financial institution, deposits made in-branch, at an ATM, or via mobile deposit or remote deposit capture. As the referred customer, by using ReferLive, the referrer may infer that you are a customer of First Commonwealth Bank.
IOLTA accounts, MJ-IOTA, and Estate accounts do not qualify for this offer.
Please allow 4-6 weeks after completion of all requirements for delivery of your Mastercard® Reward Card (Bonus) to the physical address provided. Bonus may be reported as income to the IRS. The Bonus offer is not available if the Referred Person or Business already has a First Commonwealth Bank checking account. The program may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice. The Referrer authorizes the sending of communications to each Referred Person or Business. The email may not be recovered if the person has "opted out" of marketing material from First Commonwealth Bank or ReferLive. Each person who registers at ReferLive authorizes future communications including emails regarding the program unless they “opt out” by making an election at ReferLive or within such email. Returned/invalid email addresses and non-deliverable addresses are not the responsibility of First Commonwealth Bank or its third party vendors. The Referred Person or Business acknowledges that a Reward Card will be issued to the Referrer after all conditions have been met in the time frames provided. The Reward Cards will be mailed to the addresses within the ReferLive registration system. The Reward Cards are subject to Terms and Conditions delivered with the card, including limitations on types of transactions for which they may be used. Mastercard® is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
6 NO NEW ACCOUNT, ACCOUNT BALANCE OR TRANSACTION ACTIVITY REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPENING AN ACCOUNT AND/OR MAKING A TRANSACTION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The First Commonwealth Bank Checking Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins March 7, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends April 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Sweepstakes Entry Period").
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by First Commonwealth Bank (“Sponsor”). By entering, you agree to comply with official rules, including all eligibility requirements.
ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and Ohio who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and live in the following counties: Pennsylvania (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Montour, Mifflin, Northumberland, Snyder, Somerset, Union, Venango, Washington, Westmoreland and York) Ohio (Ashtabula, Belmont, Carroll, Clark, Clermont, Columbiana, Crawford, Cuyahoga, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Geauga, Hamilton, Jefferson, Knox, Lake, Licking, Logan, Lorain, Madison, Mahoning, Marion, Medina, Montgomery, Morrow, Muskingum, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, Tuscarawas, Union and Wayne). Offer void where prohibited by law. Eight winners will be chosen from that period’s submissions. Employees of First Commonwealth Bank (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, and each of their respective spouses and those living in the same household whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Method #1 (“Automatic Entry”): To qualify for automatic entry into this Sweepstakes, open a new personal or business checking account. The account must meet First Commonwealth Bank’s standard new account eligibility and documentation requirements and must have a positive balance as of the date of the drawing. If the account has multiple owners, only the first client named in the account title will be entered into the drawing. Trust, public funds and estate accounts are not eligible for the sweepstakes. For business accounts, prize will be awarded to an authorized signer on the account. The entry date is the date on which the account opening is processed, which may not be the same as the day when an account opening application is completed. All entries submitted via Method #1 must be received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Method #2: Legibly print: "First Commonwealth Bank® Checking Sweepstakes,” your full legal name, your mailing address, your e-mail address, your county of residence, and your daytime telephone number on a 3X5 inch card and mail the card in an envelope with postage affixed to First Commonwealth Bank® Checking Sweepstakes, 110 Riverbend Ave, Powell, OH 43065. Your entry date is the date First Commonwealth Bank receives your entry at this address. All mail-in entries must be hand printed, mailed separately and bear sufficient postage. Any incomplete or mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified, as well as entries not meeting the above criteria. Mailed entries must be received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. (The last drawing is on the last day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, so an entry postmarked that day has no chance of winning.)
All entries will only be eligible for the drawing on their entry date. Limit of one entry per person for Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries or for human, technical or transmission errors which may occur in the processing of automatic entries. Eight winners will be chosen from that period’s submissions.
PRIZES/ VALUES: Two winners will be chosen from Ohio resident submissions and six winners will be chosen from Pennsylvania resident submissions to receive a cookware set. The prizes to be awarded have been purchased by First Commonwealth Bank at retail from an authorized seller. Each prize has a value that will not exceed $300.00. We reserve the right to substitute a gift of similar value.
WINNER SELECTION/ODDS OF WINNING: Two winners will be chosen from Ohio resident submissions and six winners will be chosen from Pennsylvania resident submission on Wednesday, April 27, 2022. Winners will be selected by random drawing by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor will be final. Winners will be notified by telephone or email. Winners will be required to complete and return a Form W-9 [Request for TIN and Certification] and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of date printed on notification or the corresponding prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from among all non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries divided by the number of Prizes available to be won. The prize may not be assigned or transferred.
Any attempts to circumvent eligibility requirements and claim a prize are punishable to the full extent permitted by law. If (i) Affidavit/Release or prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable, (ii) all required forms/documents are not returned or are returned partially completed, or (iii) the entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes will be awarded within 30 days after all documents have been received and verified. Prizes are not transferable. Acceptance of prize constitutes written permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner’s name, prize won and likeness for online posting and for future publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, approval or notification. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the winner’s responsibility.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating, entrants agree to: (1) the Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor which shall be final in all respects and (2) release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, judges and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, including advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries; or for applications that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Each winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize.
SPONSOR: First Commonwealth Bank, 601 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 16, 2022 to Marketing Department, First Commonwealth Bank, 110 Riverbend Ave, Powell, OH 43065