Debit Card Security with First Commonwealth Bank and Mastercard®
Our First Commonwealth Bank debit cards are packed with added security to give you access to your money in your Hometown checking accounts so that you can check out with confidence every time you shop, whether that's at the gas pump or using a mobile wallet like Apple PayTM, Google PayTM or Fitbit Pay.TM
You'll need a checking account to get a debit card, which can be opened online, by scheduling an in-person appointment or by calling 844.711.BANK (2265). If you already have an account, just ask at your local office or call 800.711.BANK (2265) to order your card.
Prevent Identity Theft with Mastercard Enhanced ID Theft Protection
Our First Commonwealth Mastercard® debit cards come with Mastercard ID Theft Protection to better safeguard you against possible identity theft and bring you security and peace of mind.1
Mastercard ID Theft Protection:
- Monitors your credit file for changes that could indicate fraud, such as new credit inquiries, an address change, or a new account opened in your name.2
- Sends alert notifications whenever suspicious activity is detected so that you can take immediate action to minimize potential damage. The tool monitors suspicious activity related to the personal information you choose to track.2
- Provides ID Theft Resolution, assigning a resolution specialist to you when you require assistance resolving issues related to identity theft.2
Enroll your card at no cost at mastercardus.idprotectiononline.com.2
Protect Purchases with Mastercard Click To Pay
Mastercard® Click to Pay provides a password-free guest checkout option that features advanced payment technology and intelligence security.
- Bypass passwords - Password-free checkout takes the hassle out of paying online.
- Smart Security - intelligent security helps recognize you at checkout.
- Stay in Control - Payment information is stored securely in one place so it's there when you need it.
Look for this icon where Mastercard is accepted and add your First Commonwealth debit card at checkout.mastercard.com.
Check Out Securely with Contactless Technology
All of our First Commonwealth Bank debit cards are equipped with contactless technology. You know, the kind of card where you can just Tap & Go® at check out? It feels fancy, and it gives you added security. Each contactless card transaction uses unique data to protect your payment information. Check out this cool video to learn more.
Additional Fraud and Security Resources
If you lose your debit card, our SecurLOCKTM EQUIP app lets you turn your debit card on and off with a swipe. Once you find your card, just swipe again to turn it back on. Learn more.
Be sure to visit our Fraud Center for more ways to protect your money and yourself from fraud.
1 Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Cardholders need to register for this service. This service is provided by General Global Assistance, Inc. Please see your Guide to Benefits for details or call 1-800-MASTERCARD.
2 Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please see your Guide to Benefits for details or call 1-800-MASTERCARD
3 For cardholders who enrolled prior to July 1, 2019, this service shall be provided by CSID until December 31, 2019. Cardholders will have to re-enroll with Generali Global Assistance, at the link provided in the enrolled cardholder notices. Cardholders will need to register for this service. Cardholders who enroll on or after July 1, 2019, this service shall be provided by Generali Global Assistance Inc.