First Commonwealth “Shares the Warmth” during the month of November 2021
Indiana, PA (November 1, 2021) – First Commonwealth Bank will be hosting a “Share the Warmth” community campaign fundraiser across its footprint in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Through the month of November, First Commonwealth will match dollar-for-dollar, up to $100,000 cumulatively, of money raised to 24 community action agencies within our communities.
Ohio Agency Quotes
“As we move into the giving season we continue to see needs of our neighbors as they try to navigate through hardships that were amplified during the pandemic,” said Bo Chilton, CEO at IMPACT Community Action. “First Commonwealth Bank is a remarkable leader in promoting financial wellness through its #ShareTheWarmth matching funds initiative and we are proud to be an agency they have chosen to support this year.”
- Robert Chilton, CEO, Impact Community Action (Franklin, OH)
"CAA is grateful for the generosity of First Commonwealth Bank customers and their recognition of the areas of need in our community," said Community Action Agency President/CEO Mark Lawson. "The number of families coming to CAA has increased drastically over the last year. Whether the need is food, housing, job security, or childcare, we are able to provide resources that build resilience, advance equity and sustain hope with the support of community members like you."
- Mark Lawson, CEO – Community Action Agency – Cincinnati/Hamilton County (OH)
“On behalf of the Board and staff of the Stark County Community Action Agency, I welcome this tremendous opportunity for engagement with First Commonwealth Bank, a valued community partner, to participate in an unprecedented fundraising match endeavor to support the Agency’s mission and community”
- Rodney Reasonover, Chief Executive Officer, Stark County Community Action Agency
Pennsylvania Agency Quotes
“We are excited to be working with First Commonwealth Bank and their “Share the Warmth” program in assisting our clients with utility assistance this winter season.”
- David Greene, Executive Director – Northern Tier Community Action Corp. (Elk County, PA)
“We are so excited for this opportunity to expand our fundraising that supports the children, families and communities whom we serve. We strive to ensure that there are resources needed for long-term success, and this event will help with those efforts. Thank you First Commonwealth Bank!”
- Mandy Welty Zalich, CEO – Westmoreland Community Action Agency (PA)
“We are so excited that First Commonwealth Bank has chosen to support the Allegheny County Department of Human Services. It means so much to us and the families and children we serve that businesses and organizations within the Allegheny County community support the work we do. Because of the generosity of businesses like First Commonwealth Bank, we’re able to serve the needs of our local residents.”
- Shelli L. Luchs, Senior Manager, Event and Donations; Allegheny County Department of Human Services; Office of Equity and Engagement
“Community Action, Inc. is pleased to be a recipient of contributions from the First Commonwealth Bank’s Share the Warmth Campaign this fall. Participating in the Share the Warmth campaign is a great opportunity for residents to support their neighbors in need this winter while also sharing encouragement and hope during the holiday season.”
- Susan K. Fusco, Executive Director, Community Action, Inc.
“Indiana County Community Action Program, Inc. (ICCAP) is grateful to be a partner of First Commonwealth Bank’s Share the Warmth Campaign during the month of November. We appreciate this fundraising opportunity, as these resources will enable us to help meet the growing needs of Indiana County residents,” stated Michelle Faught, Executive Director of ICCAP. “Thank you First Commonwealth Bank, and Thank You Indiana County Residents, together, we can all make a difference!“
- Michelle Faught, ICCAP
Those interested in donating can visit www.fcbanking.com/timetoshare/ and follow the instructions to select the community action agency of their choosing. Additionally, donations by check will be accepted at all First Commonwealth community office locations, with the organization of their choosing being designated on the memo line.
“We are grateful for the work community action agencies do to serve those in need in our communities. The past two years have been especially challenging and the agencies have been there at the forefront supporting the unique needs of their residents and making resources available. This fundraiser will allow them to help more individuals and fund programmatic needs and services to help the communities where we live and work. Please join us in supporting them. Together, we can make a difference,” offered Elizabeth Saraceno, AVP and Community Engagement Manager with First Commonwealth Bank.
The entire list of community action agencies who have been identified to receive donations include:
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services
- Blair County Community Action Agency
- Blueprints (Washington County)
- Center for Community Action (Bedford County)
- Central PA Community Action, Inc. (Clearfield and Centre Counties)
- Central Susquehanna Opportunities, Inc. (Montour and Northumberland Counties)
- Community Action Partnership of Cambria County
- Community Action Partnership for Somerset County
- Community Action, Inc. (Jefferson County)
- Community Development Program of Beaver County
- Community Partnership Inc. (Butler County)
- Indiana County Community Action Program, Inc.
- Lawrence County Community Action Partnership/Lawrence County Social Services, Inc.
- Lycoming-Clinton Counties Commission for Community Action (STEP), Inc.
- Northern Tier Community Action Corporation (Elk County)
- Pittsburgh Community Services, Inc. (Allegheny County)
- Union-Snyder Community Action Agency (Union County)
- Westmoreland Community Action
- Ashtabula County Community Action Agency
- Bridges Community Action Partnership (Delaware County)
- Clermont County Community Service, Inc.
- Community Action Agency Cincinnati-Hamilton County
- IMPACT Community Action (Franklin County)
- Stark County Community Action Agency
About First Commonwealth Financial Corporation
First Commonwealth Financial Corporation (NYSE: FCF), headquartered in Indiana, Pennsylvania, is a financial services company with 119 community banking offices in western and central Pennsylvania and throughout Ohio, as well as business banking centers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. The company also operates mortgage offices in Wexford, Pennsylvania, as well as Hudson and Lewis Center, Ohio. First Commonwealth provides a full range of commercial banking, consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management and insurance products and services through its subsidiaries First Commonwealth Bank and First Commonwealth Insurance Agency. For more information about First Commonwealth or to open an account today, please visit www.fcbanking.com.
Vice President / Communications and Media Relations