SmartPay Card Personal Checking
Our SmartPay Card is a checkless account equipped with a Mastercard® debit card that's easy to use and gives the control you need to manage your money with greater confidence. You can only spend the money you have, which means no overdraft fees ever.
The SmartPay Card personal checking account is certified as meeting the Bank On National Account Standards. The goal of Bank On is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable bank accounts.
Maximum Safety. Maximum Control.
- View your account balances, transfer money between your accounts and send money to your friends with our mobile banking app1
- Use your SmartPay Card anywhere that Mastercard® is accepted without worrying about overdraft fees
- Access your account at 55,000 fee-free ATMs through the Allpoint™ and Freedom Alliance™ networks so you’re never far from your bank, no matter how far you are from home
- Create a budget, pay bills, set savings goals and more with smart management solutions through Online Banking
- Create customized account alerts via email or text message1 so you know when your balance is getting low or when transactions have been made
- Turn your SmartPay Card on and off with SecurLOCK™ Equip. Just open the app from your smartphone1, swipe it and secure it
- Access Identity Theft resolution services from Mastercard®, should you believe you are a victim of identity theft
- Keep up with your account with paper statements or eStatements. The choice is yours and both are free.
Making Deposits is Easy
There are four fee-free ways to add money to your SmartPay Card account:
- Set up Direct Deposit from your employer, Social Security, or other income provider
- Deposit checks with Mobile Deposit in our app. Just snap a picture with your phone, send it and you’re done1
- Transfer money from other bank accounts through online banking and our mobile banking app1
- Visit your nearby community office or ATM2
Get Your SmartPay Card Today
Go checkless today and enjoy the greater control and confidence that comes with only spending the money you have and avoiding overdraft fees.
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- No monthly deposit or balance requirements
- $5 monthly service charge
Additional Resources for You
Our SmartPay Card personal checking account is just one of the tools for helping you manage your money with confidence. Whether you are just starting out on your own or are soon-to-be empty nesters, we're here to help. We'd love to connect with you at any of our community offices to get started on your journey to better.
Open an Account and Win
Open a new checking account and be entered to win a $150 Gift Card to your favorite local business1. Get the details.
Secured Credit Card
A secured credit card can be a great option to build or repair credit . Learn more.
1 We don’t charge for these services but standard message, data, and internet service provider rates may apply so check with your carriers.
2 Free access to all First Commonwealth Bank, Allpoint® and Freedom Alliance network ATMs. ATM fees may apply when used at an ATM that is not First Commonwealth and not part of the Allpoint® and Freedom Alliance networks.