SmartPay Card Personal Checking
Our SmartPay Card is a checkless account equipped with a Mastercard® debit card that's easy to use and gives the control you need to manage your money with greater confidence. You can only spend the money you have, which means no overdraft fees ever.
The SmartPay Card personal checking account is certified as meeting the Bank On National Account Standards. The goal of Bank On is to ensure that everyone has access to safe and affordable bank accounts.
Maximum Safety. Maximum Control.
- Access your bank account anytime, anywhere with our total access digital banking, available on your laptop, or on your tablet or smartphone with our mobile banking app1.
- Create a budget, track your spending, set savings goals and more from any device with Money Manager.
- Send money to friends and family for free with Zelle®2.
- Get customized account alerts via email or text message1 so you know when your balance is getting low or when transactions have been made.
- Keep up with your account with paper statements or eStatements. The choice is yours and both are free.
- Use your SmartPay Card anywhere that Mastercard® is accepted without worrying about overdraft fees.
- Add your new debit card to Google PayTM, Apple Pay,TM Samsung Pay,TM FitBit PayTM and Garmin PayTM and pay with your smartphone or smartwatch.
- Withdraw, deposit and transfer money at more than 55,000 fee-free ATMs through Allpoint™ and Freedom Alliance™.
- Turn your SmartPay Card on and off with SecurLOCK™ Equip. Just open the app from your smartphone1, swipe it and secure it.
- Get free Mastercard® Identity Protection to keep your identity and your information safe.
Making Deposits is Easy
There are four fee-free ways to add money to your SmartPay Card account:
- Set up Direct Deposit from your employer, Social Security, or other income provider
- Deposit checks with Mobile Deposit in our app. Just snap a picture with your phone, send it and you’re done1
- Transfer money from other bank accounts through online banking and our mobile banking app1
- Visit your nearby community office or ATM3
Get Your SmartPay Card Today
Go checkless today and enjoy the greater control and confidence that comes with only spending the money you have and avoiding overdraft fees.
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- No monthly deposit or balance requirements
- $5 monthly service charge
Additional Resources for You
Our SmartPay Card personal checking account is just one of the tools for helping you manage your money with confidence. Whether you are just starting out on your own or are soon-to-be empty nesters, we're here to help. We'd love to connect with you at any of our community offices to get started on your journey to better.
Open an Account and Win
Open a new checking account and be entered to win a $150 Gift Card to your favorite local business1. Get the details.
Secured Credit Card
A secured credit card can be a great option to build or repair credit . Learn more.
1 We don’t charge for these services but standard message, data, and internet service provider rates may apply so check with your carriers.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
3 Free access to all First Commonwealth Bank, Allpoint® and Freedom Alliance network ATMs. ATM fees may apply when used at an ATM that is not First Commonwealth and not part of the Allpoint® and Freedom Alliance networks.
Zelle and Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.