Lost or Stolen Cards
Call us as soon as you can if you lose your debit card at 800-711-BANK (2265). Also with our SecurLOCK Equip app,you can automatically shut off your card if you've misplaced it. This gives you faster access to preventing any fraudulent use.
Tips for Safe Debit Card Use
- Regularly review activity on your bank statements for any potential unauthorized transactions. Contact us immediately if you see anything suspicious.
- When you order a new First Commonwealth card, be sure to sign the back of the card right away.
- When using your card for recurring payments, make sure to keep your expiration date information current with your vendor or payee.
- Always memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write it down or share it with anyone.
- Always use secured websites when shopping online and purchase only from established, well known online companies. A secured website session can be detected by looking at your address bar and noting "https" instead of "http" in the website address. Additional security notations such as 128-bit encryption and SSL should also be provided.
- Use ATM locations that are in safe surroundings and provide sufficient lighting after dark.
- Always take your receipts when using your card at an ATM or Point of Sale location.
- Destroy all old, expired cards by cutting them into several pieces.
Visit our Fraud Center for more information about keeping your information protected.