Online Banking and BillPay
For Former Santander Bank Customers
Your new Online Banking will be available for business and personal users on Monday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m. Access to Santander Online Banking will be available for business and personal users until 9:59 p.m. on Friday, September 6. Please see our checklist for the tasks you will need to complete.
In addition to standard functions such as alerts, bill payment and account transfers, personal accounts also have access to Money Manager, a personal financial tool which can be used to create and manage budgets, set up savings goals and alerts, and more.
Treasury Link customers will receive a separate communication with information on Treasury Management services within Online Banking.
Accessing Your First Commonwealth Bank Online Banking
Steps for Logging In the First Time
- Access Online Banking using the most current version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome or Safari.
- For personal accounts, your Online Banking ID is your Santander username. Your temporary Online Banking password is the last four digits of your social security number. For business accounts, your Online Banking ID will be a combination of your Santander Company ID and User ID. For example, if your company ID was "AA123" and User ID was "admin", your new Online Banking ID with First Commonwealth would be AA123admin. Your temporary Online Banking password is the last four digits of your business tax ID number. If you do not have a social security number or tax ID number, please contact our Engagement Center (customer service) at 800-711-BANK (2265) for assistance in accessing your account. In the event that your current username is longer than 25 characters, you will only use the first 25 characters. In most cases, there is no change to your Online Banking username. If there is a change to our username, you will be contacted directly.
- For personal accounts, review and accept the Online Banking Agreement. For business accounts, you will be prompted to do this upon your second log-in.
- Create a new password between seven and 25 characters, with any combination of numbers and letters. Symbols can also be used.
- Choose a watermark image from the image selections.
- Choose and provide answers for three verification questions and enter your primary contact phone number. These may be used for security purposes to verify online activity. You may also receive a phone call from us providing you with a one-time code instead of the text message that you may be used to with Santander.
- Confirm and update your email address.
- Create a password reset question and answer. This can be used in case you ever forget your password.
Santander BillPay will be available until 9:59 p.m. on Friday, September 6. Any payments scheduled within the Santander BillPay system prior to that date will process without interruption. Your First Commonwealth Bank BillPay will be available starting Monday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m. To access BillPay, simply click the BillPay tab within your new Online Banking. Upon doing so, you can expect the following:
- Payments: All future dated and recurring payments scheduled in the Santander BillPay system will convert over to First Commonwealth BillPay. New payments can then be scheduled through the First Commonwealth BillPay system starting Monday, September 9, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. by clicking the BillPay tab within any Online Banking screen. Before scheduling any new payments, please review the Pending and History sections under the Payments tab to avoid duplications.
- Pay from Account: Please verify that payments are being made from your preferred deposit account. You can view and change your preferred deposit account within BillPay.
- Payment History: Your bill payment history for the six months prior to the changeover date will transfer from Santander's bill pay. If you need any history from before April 2019, please print or save it prior to September 6, 2019.
- Payees: Confirm that your currently established payees have transferred into the new BillPay system. If a payee does not appear, you can easily add it by selecting “Add New Payee” under the BillPay tab.
- eBills: Your current eBills will not convert, and you will receive paper bills. You can enroll in the new eBills service, which will provide the balance, date due, and amount owed for each payee. Your paper bills will continue to be delivered. To discontinue receipt of paper bills, contact your service provider(s) directly.
- Account-to-Account and Person-to-Person Payments: Account-to-account (external transfers) and person-to-person payment information will not transfer. To resume this service, you will need to re-establish your payment information. The cutoff time for account-to-account transfers is 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Transfers initiated after the cutoff time will process on the next business day. With Santander, you were able to send money to other Santander customers within Online Banking. With First Commonwealth, you can send money to anyone with a phone number or email address within BillPay by setting up a person-to-person payment, whether they have a First Commonwealth account or not.
- Joint Accounts: Even if you have a joint account that requires more than one signature to process transactions, the First Commonwealth Online Banking system will allow any account owner to access the account and complete electronic transactions (including internal and external account transfers, person-to-person payments and online bill payments) without the other account owner’s approval.
- Transfers: Recurring internal transfers that were set up in Santander Online Banking will convert to First Commonwealth’s Online Banking. Beginning Monday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m., you can review recurring transfers within the First Commonwealth Online Banking system by selecting the “Internal Transfer” option under the Online Banking tab.
- Alerts: No later than Friday, September 6, please make note of alerts you currently have established within the Santander Online Banking system as they will not transfer. You will be able to re-establish and create additional alerts starting on Monday, September 9 at 8:00 a.m. Simply select the “Alerts” option under the Settings tab within the First Commonwealth Online Banking. For a complete listing of available alerts, contact our Engagement Center (customer service) at 800-711-BANK (2265).
- Account Nicknames: Nicknames you previously established for your Online Banking accounts will be transferred but will be shortened to a maximum of 19 characters and will include the last 4 digits of the account number.
Additional Features for Businesses: Businesses have access to additional reporting and the ability to manage users through the Treasury tab within Online Banking. Treasury Link customers will receive a separate communication with information on Treasury Management services within Online Banking.
Money Manager - For Personal Accounts
Within the First Commonwealth Online Banking experience, you will have access to Money Manager,
a free financial management tool. The Money Manager dashboard screen shows a comprehensive illustration of your financial activities. Getting started is easy - just select the Money Manager tab in Online Banking.
- Develop a budget and set financial goals
- Track accounts and organize spending through customizable categories
- Import account information from other financial institutions to keep track of all you financial activities, such as other bank accounts, credit cards and investments