Save now. Rest easy later.
If you are like most people, you want your retirement years to be carefree without financial worries. But the reward of a financially secure future takes careful planning beginning with defining your retirement goals and setting a course that will allow you to reach them. We can help.
Did you know that 40% of working Americans have nothing saved for retirement? You can take steps to help prepare you for retirement. Below are a few tips to get you started:
Do the math
- The average American spends 20 years in retirement. Using our retirement calculator, you can determine how much you need and plan for the future.
- Starting small is a great way to begin funding your nest egg for retirement. Using your savings account reach your retirement goals.
- As your savings account grows you can consider other retirement investments such as an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), Roth IRA and/or mutual funds.
- In 2010, 30 percent of private industry workers with access to a defined contribution plan (such as a 401(k) plan) did not participate. Don’t leave your employer match on the table.
- If you are uncertain where to start or what your company offers, ASK. Don’t wait. Creating a financial plan for the future is just one step to living a financially healthy life.
Schedule monthly automatic deposits into your savings account
Participate in your company’s defined contribution plan
Tools for preparing for the future.
It’s never too late to start saving for the future. Below are some tools to help you get started. Need help? We have 110 offices that are ready to help.