Tips for Safe Debit Card Use
Your First Commonwealth Bank debit card is a fast and convenient way to access cash or make payments at thousands of retail locations throughout the world. To ensure safe usage of your debit card we recommend the following tips and downloading the SecurLOCK™ EQUIP app so you can control how and when your debit card is used.
- First Commonwealth Bank encourages all of our clients to actively review card activity on their account for any potential unauthorized transactions and to contact the bank to report unauthorized transactions as soon as possible.
- When receiving your new First Commonwealth Bank debit card make sure to sign the back of the card immediately.
- When using your card for recurring payments, make sure to keep your expiration date information current with your vendor or payee.
- Always memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Never write it down or disclose it to anyone. Always use secured websites when shopping online and purchase only from established, well known online companies. A secured website session can be detected by looking at your address bar and noting "https" instead of "http" in the website address. Additional security notations such as 128-bit encryption and SSL should also be provided.
- Use ATM locations that are in safe surroundings and provide sufficient evening lighting.
- Always take your receipts when using your card at an ATM or Point of Sale location.
- Destroy all old, expired cards by cutting them into several pieces.
- Contact us immediately at 1-800-711-BANK (2265) to report all lost or stolen cards or to dispute a transaction. Be sure to download the SecurLOCK™ EQUIP app so you can automatically turn your debit card off.